According to Boat Wash Manager, Sallyanne Morris;
- GLA’s Boat Wash has operated for close to 25 years, beginning in 1994
- Over 2,000 boats were washed in 2018
- It is a free service and employs 5 people
- Hours during the boating season – 6 am to 7 pm, 7 days a week
- Empire and Glen Arbor townships in Leelanau County have boat wash ordinances. Crystal Lake, Lake and Benzonia townships and the village of Beulah all have boat wash ordinances in place.
- Our main goal is to educate people about protecting our watershed
- Boats come from all over the U.S. to Glen Lake
- The boat coming the furthest was from Hawaii
This valuable resource is available to all boaters, with aims to keep our waters clean and free from invasive aquatic species. Be sure to take this information to heart –after all, it’s all about the water!