How can you make a difference?
Thank you for your membership donation! Making an annual donation at or above $250 helps to sustain our important water protection programs. Using the Make this donation yearly function opts you in to receive convenient reminder notifications when your membership is due to expire and offers the opportunity to update your giving information before renewing. Please take a moment to visit your profile page and enter any additional information, including your family members. You can reach this page by going to Membership -> Your Profile in the nav bar above.
The GLA General Fund supports the ongoing operational expenses of the nonprofit organization such as:
- General Operations
- Boat Wash
- Swimmer's Itch
- Discovery Boat
- Endangered/ Invasive Species
- Water Quality
- Scientific testing for invasive species control
- Unforeseen watershed protection issues
- Special programming initiatives
The Endowment Fund and Legends Initiative have been created for the long-term financial stability of the organization. As a permanent endowment held by the Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation, this GLA fund has a goal of $1 million.
The Endowment Fund:
- Is managed by professional investment advisers
- Is audited annually by CPAs
- Allows Michigan residents an income tax credit of up to $400
- Gifts must be directed to the GT Regional Community Foundation/ Glen Lake Association
Gifts to memorialize or honor friends and family are accepted for any amount and for the above stated funds.